Hi there; I hope you're all doing well. I noticed there isn't much info for Xbox users on the wiki yet (understandable since the Sim Settlements 2 users are primarily on the PC), so I wanted to contribute some of my (basic) knowledge for installing and updating mods on the Xbox. Let me know if it's too wordy or unclear . Take care!
- Boot up Fallout 4 and from the Main menu screen, select Mods.
- From the in-game Mod menu, search for, select, and then download: Workshop Framework, Sim Settlements 2, HUDFramework, and any Sim Settlements 2 Add-ons.
- Workshop Framework and Sim Settlements 2 are both Master files, so they will stay loaded at the top of a load order. Place HUDFramework and any Sim Settlements 2 Add-ons/other mods below WF and SS2.
- Workshop Framework
- Sim Settlements 2
- Sim Settlements 2 Addons
- All other mods
- Downloaded mods are automatically enabled on the Xbox.
- Before updating any mod, check out released patch/version notes or special instructions regarding the changes the impending update introduces. Since Xbox cannot revert back to a previous version of a mod, extra precautions must be taken to ensure the update does not corrupt your current save file. Only update if absolutely necessary!
- To update Workshop Framework, Sim Settlements 2, or any Sim Settlements 2 add-ons:
- Make a hard save on your current game (no quick saves, autosaves, or exit saves).
- Favorite Workshop Framework, Sim Settlements 2, or any Sim Settlements 2 add-ons, and make a note of their location within your load order.
- Disable and delete WF, SS2, or any add-ons that you want to update, and then clear your cache to completely remove the files the mods might have left behind in your game.
- Open up the in-game Mod menu and re-download WF, SS2, or any add-ons you wanted to update. When you download/update mods on the Xbox, they are automatically placed at the bottom of your load order (unless they are a Master file). Be sure to rearrange the mods back into their previous order (example listed above in Initial Installation). Exit the game and start up Fallout 4 once again to complete the download/upgrade process.