the Sim Settlements forums!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Settlement happiness 80, chance to recruit only 10%?

jugato

Member
Messages
99
Why is it that WSFW gives a settlement with 80 happiness only a 10% chance to recruit a settler?

I'm currently doing a non Sim Settlements playthrough, but still have WSFW and WS+ in my load order. When I built a recruitment beacon in Sanctuary, a single settler arrived to join. I then added Sheffield from DC bringing the settler count up to 7. No other settlers have joined settlement via the beacon since it was built despite the settlement now having 80 happiness. (Current in-game date is 11.14.2287). I turned on papyrus logging to see if it would reveal anything and found:

[09/18/2021 - 08:32:40PM] [WSFW NPCManager]: [workshopscript < (000250FE)>] rolled a 49.077343 versus a chance of 10.000000.

Further down in the log you can see the settlement is stable at 80 happiness.

[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Starting WSFW_DailyUpdate_AdjustResourceValues [workshopscript < (000250FE)>]
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] ProduceItems: [LeveledItem < (0A00927A)>] at [workshopscript < (000250FE)>], Count: 10
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] ==============================================
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] ==============================================
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Creating 10 items in temp container: [ObjectReference < (FF00132:cool:>] with holding container index: 405
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Available Beds: 11
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Sheltered Beds: 7
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Hungry Settlers: 0
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Thirsty Settlers: 0
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] >>>>>>>>>>>>>> OnItemAdded Event: Target container [ObjectReference < (FF00132:cool:>] is temporary, storing production in temporary holding record.
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Happiness For Proper Defenses Applied: 20.000000
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] >>>>>>>>>>>>>> OnItemAdded Event: WorkshopTargetContainerIndex for temp container: 405
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Settlers with All Needs Mets (80.000000 happiness): 7
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Robot Happiness: 0 Robots, With Base Happiness of: 50
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Total Bonus Happiness: 0.000000
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] >>>>>>>>>>>>>> OnItemAdded Event: Added to ProducedList: [WorkshopFramework:Library:ObjectRefs:ProductionRecord < (FF001C11)>], kRecord.TemporaryContainer: [ObjectReference < (FF00132:cool:>]
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Current Happiness: 80.000000
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Target Happiness Long Term: 80.000000
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Predicted Happiness Change Tomorrow: 0
[09/18/2021 - 08:32:42PM] [WSFW] Completed WSFW_DailyUpdate_AdjustResourceValues [workshopscript < (000250FE)>]

From looking at the underlying code

float fAttractChance = fDailyChance + fCurrentHappiness/100 * fAttractNPCHappinessMult

I'd expect the chance to recruit would be 50%, not 10%. Is there a bug or am I misundertanding the mechanics / code?

Thank you
 

Attachments

  • WorkshopFrameworkLog.0.log.7z
    4 KB · Views: 2

Whisper

Well-Known Member
Patreon Supporter
Community Rockstar
Verified Builder
Vault Librarian
Messages
1,320
WSFW is similar to the base game, which has reduced chance of attracting settlers the more there are in your settlement.
 

jugato

Member
Messages
99
Yes, I know that settlements below 5 settlers recruit faster. That being said, according to this post:


my settlement should have a 50% chance of recruiting a settler each day based on the settler count, 10% base chance, and 40% additional chance for happiness. My read of the WSFW code that I linked in the original post is that it matches the vanilla behavior outlined in that mechanics guide and that the dice roll should have been out of 50 rather than 10. But that's not what I'm seeing in the log, hence me letting you know that I'm hitting a bug in the recruitment code.
 

Rocola

Active Member
Messages
356
This is interesting. I ditched a playthrough where I had a settlement with the initial 2-3 settlers that come when the recruitment beacon is built. After an attack (I played with mortal settlers) only one survived and there where no new settlers ever, even after weeks sleeping there. I tested in other new settlements and got a few settlers, but still the rate was very low or I had really bad luck with the rolls. I thought it was script lag or something and discarded that save :(

Now that I see this I think it could be the reason. A low rate plus bad luck
 
Top